Inba Seva Sangam, a voluntary organisation, was established by the Belgian-born Mother Lea Provo in 1969 in Sevapur, Karur Dt, Tamil Nadu, South India. To acknowledge the ‘green’ work of Mother Lea Provo, we named the organisation the Lea Eco Club. The Club is involved in developing rural projects; one of these is the conservation of locally threatened flora and medicinal plants in AVCCE ECO GARDENS. We are working to involve the local community in the conservation of local biodiversity and the local area’s natural resources. Our College gives equal importance to sports as well as cultural activities. Students participate in various inter and intra college cultural.Extracurricular activities are conducted through various societies. Well equipped separate auditorium(PEKAK HALL) with all facilities like fine stage, Speakers, Mic, Projectors, musical instruments etc are utilized for the cultural activities. Students are given separate rooms for their cultural practices. Separate Cultural team members are working for the benefits of the students. Regular meetings will be conducted and the opportunities will be spread out for enhancing the cultural thirst of the students providing the path in various fields.
1.Motivate the students to keep their surroundings green and clean by undertaking plantation of trees.
2. Promote ethos of conservation of water by minimizing the use of water.
3. Motivate students to imbibe habits and life style for minimum waste generation, source separation of waste and disposing the waste to the nearest storage point.
4. Educate students to create awareness amongst public and sanitary workers, so as to stop the indiscriminate burning of waste which causes respiratory diseases.
5. Sensitize the students to minimize the use of plastic bags, not to throw them in public places as they choke drains and sewers, cause water logging and provide breeding ground for mosquitoes.
6. Organize tree plantation programmes, awareness programmes such as Quiz, essay, painting competitions, rallys, nukkad natak etc. regarding various environmental issues and educate children about re-use of waste material & preparation of products out of waste
7. Organize Nature Trail in Wild Life Sanctuaries/Parks/Forest areas to know about the Bio-diversity
Mr.K. RAMESH , Asst.Professor – CIVIL
|s.no||Date||Name of the Event|